Today sees the release of Lanner’s NCA-2512, a high-availability 1U 19” rackmount network appliance with virtualization optimized design and Intel® Atom™ C3958 CPU (codenamed Denverton).
The NCA-2512 is powered by Intel’s Atom™ C3958, offering up to 16 cores of processing prowess. In additional to having a high core count, the NCA-2512 also features 300W redundant PSUs, 10G interface for SFP+, SR-IOV support, Intel® AES-NI and Intel® QuickAssist Technology, running at 20G.
Intel® QuickAssist Technology and SR-IOV support not only enable hardware-based acceleration services for encryption/compression but also allow different virtual machines in a virtual environment to share a single PCI Express hardware interface, making the NCA-2512 the ideal solution for vCPE, uCPE, SD-WAN and SD-Security on Intel® architecture servers.
The NCA-2512’s outstanding specifications are as followed:
- 5x GbE, 4x SFP+ and 2x Pairs of Gen3 Bypass (By SKU)
- Max. 32GB System Memory, 2x 2.5” HDD/SSD Drive Bays and 1x mSATA
- 1x NIC Module Slot, 2x USB 2.0 and 1x PCI-E*8 HH/HL (Optional)
- 2x Cooling Fans & 300W Redundant PSUs
- Intel QuickAssist Technology